Tsuru provides some deployment hooks, like restart:before, restart:after and build. Deployment hooks allow developers to run commands before and after some commands.
Hooks are listed in a special file located in the root of the application. The name of the file may be app.yaml or app.yml. Here is an example of the file:
hooks: restart: before: - python manage.py migrate before-each: - python manage.py generate_local_file after-each: - python manage.py clear_local_cache after: - python manage.py clear_redis_cache build: - python manage.py collectstatic --noinput - python manage.py compress
Tsuru supports the following hooks:
- restart:before: this hook lists commands that will run before the app is restarted. Commands listed in this hook will run once per app.
- restart:before-each: this hook lists commands that will run before the unit is restarted. Commands listed in this hook will run once per unit. For instance, imagine there’s an app with two units and the app.yaml file listed above. The command python manage.py generate_local_file would run two times, once per unit.
- restart:after-each: this hook is like before-each, but runs after restarting a unit.
- restart:after: this hook is like before, but runs after restarting an app.
- build: this hook lists commands that will be run during deploy, when the image is being generated. (only for docker provisioner)